Trimble MAPS continuously updates its map data so you can generate the best routes for your vehicles. Below is an overview of updates made by our team of mapping experts for North America in Q4.1 2021. Please see the .pdf file attached to this article for full details.
NOTE: Data updates may be made available in different products at different times. The type of data available also depends on your licensing. Please contact us if you are unsure of your data licensing.
- Updates to the road network were made in 295 counties.
- 35 new construction road projects were added.
- Truck attributes were updated; totaling more than 900,000 miles.
- Truck through-travel restrictions were updated within 69 city limits.
- 53’ routing attribution was reviewed and updated in Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Ohio, Utah, Vermont.
- Tolls were updated to reflect new rates in California, Colorado, Florida, Maine, Michigan, New York, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Virginia.
- City points and postal codes were updated for the US and Canada.
- 813 new Places added to the Places Database (490 distribution centers, 317 manufacturing plants, 3 weigh stations, and 3 truck stops).
- 790 new site locations were coded (466 distribution centers, 312 manufacturing plants, 3 weigh stations, and 9 truck stops).
- More than 1,800 customer-reported issues were fixed.
- More than 450 miles of new highway-level network was added to the United States.
How to Access the Most Current Data
PC*MILER Installed Software
Data is updated once a year with the new version release. It includes all of the map updates made between versions.
PC*MILER Web and Web Services
Updates are automatically available upon release. To access:
- Web—In the Routes panel, mark the Route Options > Reporting Preferences > Report Data Version field with Current. (Current is the default)
- Web Services—Mark the dataVersion field with Current. (Current is the default)
- App Store Customers—You will be notified to download updates through the app.
- Enterprise Customers (Indirect)—Contact the partner who sold you CoPilot to be sure you have the latest app version and data.
- Enterprise Customers (Direct) and Integration Partners—Updates can be downloaded over the air via API or directly from our portal.
MileOn by PC*MILER
You will be notified to download updates through the app.
You will be notified via email when updates are available.