This software provides a way to interact with the PC*MILER|Rail Connectivity (DLL) Products running on Windows personal computers over a TCP/IP network from any other computer platform. Most applicable functions of PC*MILER|Rail-Connect are supported. Mapping functions are currently not supported via TCP/IP interface.
Important Changes to the Interface
PC*MILER|Rail-Connect (version 15 and higher) is thread-safe. The TCP/IP Interface does not disconnect automatically and thus can support true simultaneous connections.
Note, however, that earlier versions of the above-mentioned sofware and ARE NOT THREAD-SAFE, and the TCP/IP Interface will disconnect (revert to old behavior) after every transaction.
- PC with a 1.5-2 GHz processor and TCP/IP Capability
- UNIX or other host with TCP/IP Capability
- Physical Connection (cable)
- An additional 2 MB hard disk space
- Microsoft Windows (7, 8 or 10)
- Client software on the UNIX host