You can set up permissions to use PC*MILER Rail-Connect by .NET applications that run under IIS and ASP.
In order to monitor configuration file changes, ASP.NET requires read, execute, and list access for the ASPNET account for the web site root (i.e. c:\inetpub\wwwroot, or any alternative site directory you may have configured in IIS), the content directory and the application root directory. The application root corresponds to the folder path associated with the application virtual directory in the IIS Administration tool (inetmgr).
As an example, let’s use the default PC*MILER Rail application hierarchy:
The ASPNET account needs read permissions for this product folder. To add permissions to the directory, perform the following steps:
- Using the Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\ALK Technologies\PCRWINXX
- Right click on the directory folder and choose Properties.
- Navigate to the Security tab on the property dialog.
- Click the Add button and enter the machine name followed by the ASPNET account name. For example, on a machine named "webdev", you would enter webdev\ASPNET and hit OK.
- Ensure that the ASPNET account has the Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, and Read checkboxes checked.
- Hit OK to close the dialog and save the changes.