In PC*MILER 31 and earlier, custom routing and location content (Custom Places and Avoids/Favors) were created in and stored with the PC*MILER application. Starting with PC*MILER 32, these features were moved to the ContentTools web tool.
If you are upgrading from PC*MILER 31 to a newer version, you will be prompted at the time of installation to transfer your custom location content to ContentTools.
PC*MILER 30 and older, however, are not fully compatible with ContentTools.
If you want to import Custom Roads from PC*MILER 30 or older into a newer version, you will need to:
- Create a flattened_af.dat file with your Custom Roads
- Import that file into ContentTools
Below are instructions for this process. If you receive an error, please send the file to PC*MILER Support, and we will convert it to the latest format for you.
- Browse to the ‘\PCMILERxx\App’ directory
- Open user.cfg with Notepad
- In the user.cfg, highlight [User Settings]
- Replace with (Paste):
- Re-launch PC*MILER
- Once it is opened, then close it
You should now have a flattened_af.dat file that can be imported into Content Tools
- File name: flattened_af.dat
- The location of the file can be found in the user.cfg file, in the LRSaveDir entry:
- Log-in to Content Tools
- Select the Import button under the Route Modifiers section
- Choose to import to a New Set or Append to Set
- If you are starting a new set – choose New Set
- If you are adding to a pre-existing set that you already created in Content Tools – choose Append to Set
- Create the Set Name
- Browse and locate your flattened_af.dat file
- Once that is done, you can now view your Route Modifiers in the left-panel in Content Tools