PC*MILER Connect provides APIs designed to validate whether a trip conforms to the rules PC*MILER uses for Hours of Service (HOS) management of a route. If it does not conform, a report is generated that specifies where off duty stops are needed.
With this information, you can then determine which stops to insert along a route and at what point to insert them. The trip validation process can be repeated until compliance with the HOS rules is confirmed.
HOS functions can also be used in conjunction with the APIs for places of interest (POI) searches to build your own HOS management system. To call the functions below, the Streets add-on for U.S. streets must be licensed and installed, and streets routing must be enabled using the PCMSSetRouteLevel or the PCMSERVE.INI.
- PCMSSetStopOptions sets advanced stop information for a specific stop in a trip.
- PCMSGetStopOptions gets the advanced stop information for a specific stop in a trip.
- PCMSSetHOSWeekSchedule sets a 60-hour or 70-hour duty limit.
- PCMSSetHOSAvailableTime sets the HOS time available at the origin of the trip.
- PCMSValidateRouteHOS analyzes the given trip and determines if it is HOS compliant.
- PCMSGetHOSRouteReport gets the full HOS report for a given trip.